Basmati Rice Pullao
- 2 cups raw basmati rice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds in oil and saute for 30 seconds until seeds are brown
- Add rice and sauté for 2 minutes. .
- Add turmeric, salt and water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed and rice is cooked, this can be finished in a steamer.
- Serve hot with most Indian meals.
- Add ¼ cup frozen green peas, corn or mixed vegetables at step 4 to make three different kinds of pullao.